* More people celebrate their birthdays in August than in any other month (about 9% of all people). The two other months that rate high for birthdays are July and September.
* Close to 2 billion Birthday Cards are sent each year in the U.S. alone, accounting for nearly 58 percent of all cards sent.
* The world's largest birthday cake was created in 1989 for the 100th Birthday of the city of Fort Payne, Alabama. The cake weighed 128,238 pounds, 8 oz. and used 16,209 pounds of icing.
* The most famous rendition of "Happy Birthday" is when Marilyn Monroe sang to "Happy Birthday, Mr President" to President John F. Kennedy at Madison Square Garden on 19 May 1962.
* Paul McCartney's Birth Certificate was auctioned in March 1997, for US $84,146. It is believed to be the world's most expensive Birth Certificate.
* The Sultan of Brunei hosted the world's most expensive Birthday Party to celebrate his 50th Birthday on 13 July, 1996. The cost was a whopping US $27.2 million. Three concerts featuring Michael Jackson costs US $16 million of the total amounts.
* Anne Frank's world famous diary was given to her as a present for her 13th birthday.
* William Shakespeare's died on his 52nd birthday: 23 April 1616.
* A recent survey suggests that more people are born on October 5 in the United States than any other day. October 5 holds a not-so-surprising significance, as conception would have fallen on New Year's Eve.
* The least common birth date in the U.S. is May 22nd, not counting leap years.
Birthday Facts from India
* 14th November - the Birthday of Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India is celebrated as Children's Day in India in memory of his love of children.
* 5th of September - the Birthday of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan - former President of India and a great educationist is celebrated as Teachers Day.
Strange Birthday Facts
* Since your last birthday 31,536,000 seconds have passed.
* In the past year your hair will most likely have grown 12 cm and your nail about 4 cm.
* Your heart beats at a rate of around of 72 to 80 beats per minute - since your last birthday it will have beat about 42,075,900 times.
* You breath at a rate of about 20 breaths per minute so, since your last birthday you have taken approximately 10,512,000 breaths. Source
* The volume of blood in your body is approximately 5 litres. The heart pumps about 280 litres of blood around your body every hour - that’s 2,688,000 litres per year!
* The average garden snail (not one that has entered the Olympics 100 meters race) moves at around 0.03 mph. If one set out on your last birthday, and walked non-stop it would have traveled 263 miles. If you walked this distance non-stop you would complete it in around three days.
* Since your last birthday you will have had about 1,460 dreams.
* World population has grown by around 76,570,430 since your last birthday. In the time it takes you to read this another five babies will have been born.
* During the past year there have been more than 50,000 earthquakes throughout the world.
* The Earth is zooming around the sun at around 66,780 miles per hour! Since your last birthday the Earth has completed one journey around the sun travelling about 584,337,600 miles.
* If you counted 24 hours a day, you would be over 31,000 years old when you reach one trillion
Leave a comment with either Facebook Comments or Weird Facts Jcomments: