- The diameter of the sun is 1 390 000 km (865 000 miles).
- The average temperature on the surface of the sun is 5,778 Kelvin.
- The name Adam is believed to have originated from the Hebrew word for earth Adamah.
- The last name in the Toronto phone book is Zzyzzer.
- Hot water will turn into ice faster then cold water. Read More
- Assuming current population growths remain constant: by the year 3550 the total human population will have the same mass as the earth; assuming the average person is 60 kg (132 pounds).
- In space, astronauts cannot cry, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow!
- There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!
- More people use blue toothbrushes, than red ones!
- A sneeze will travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.!
- Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you breathe!
- Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours!
- The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!
- There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses!
- "New Mexico boasts the largest concentration of Ph.D. scientists per capita in the United States." Read More
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
- Humans, chimpanzees and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
- On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.
- In 1843, the first Christmas card was printed in England for Sir Henry Cole. He was busy man who wanted to save time in his own Christmas letters, but was also interested in encouraging the expansion of the postal system. 1000 copies of the card were sold at one shilling each. It was not until the 1860s that the production of cards accelerated, with cheaper printing methods. Then in 1870, the Post Office introduced a half penny stamp for sending cards.
- In average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.
- More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
- The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib .
- If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out. Myth: Your eyes will bulge out, but they will not pop out.
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders. (MYTH - Deliberately concocted rumor that originated from a book on insect lore published in 1954 (In a section on "common misbeliefs") )
- Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients used in dynamite.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- 18 million links were shared on Facebook in August. Read More
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
- All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.False - In the "Bonnie Situation" while Jimmy, Vince and Jules are drinking coffee in the kitchen, the clock clearly reads 8:15. Secondly, when Vince and Jules go to retrieve the briefcase, it is "7:22 in the a.m.". The significance of the time 4:20 is that it is slang for smoking stuff.
- Some US airports use falconry (hunting of game with falcons) "to scare off birds that can be hazardous for airplanes." Read More
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill. FALSE! Only the 26 on the front of the memorial. Additionally, the Lincoln Memorial itself only has 48 states listed, since that's how many there were when it was completed.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10. This allows the company name to be displayed in the middle.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- A typical microwave oven consumes more electricity powering its digital clock than it does heating food. While heating food requires as much as 100 times the power as running the clock does, the microwave heats food less than 1% of the time while the clock is typically always running. Therefore, in total, the clock uses up more electricity. Read More
Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8Page 9
Stay tuned for more Fun Facts coming soon!
Weird Facts is updated daily and has been online since 1999.
We read all comments and respond to any requests.
Submit a Fact or Correct a fact