- Straighten warped phono records.
Place record between two sheets of glass, let sit in sun for a while.
- Best way to clean phono records.
Dip in solution of detergent and water, rinse and wipe dry.
- Remove a stubborn screw.
Heat with a soldering iron for a few seconds first.
- Remove a broken key from a lock.
Put some super glue on broken off part, insert, hold a few seconds and pull.
- Remove a broken light bulb.
Stick a bar of soap into jagged edges, use soap as handle.
- Keep nails from splitting wood.
Blunt sharp end of nail before you use by hitting with hammer.
- Repair small holes in screen.
Plug holes with clear nail polish, let dry, repeat until filled.
- How to remove oil from a driveway.
Cover with sand let stand for a few days, then sweep off.
- Keep fish hooks from rusting.
Stick them in a cork and submerge in some baking soda.
- How to revive old razor blades.
Rub them back and forth inside a drinking glass.
- Remove road tar from cars.
Sodium bicarbonate on a damp cloth.
- Easy to unglue stamps and envelopes.
Put in freezer for a few hours then flip off with knife blade.
- Get water out of your watch.
Strap watch to light bulb, turn on for a few minutes. Water drops will form
on glass. Open up and wipe off.
- Prevent snow sticking to shovel.
Coat shovel with car wax.
- Remove paint from auto.
The product to clean paint from your car is Benzol.(Breathing high levels of benzene can result in death, while low levels can cause drowsiness, dizziness, rapid heart rate, headaches, tremors, confusion, and unconsciousness.)
- How to renew car batteries.
Dissolve 1oz of Epsom salts in warm water and add to each cell.
- Good dog and cat repellent.
Place mothballs in areas. They will avoid it. Animals hate mothball odour.
- Quick ways to press ties.
Hang in bath while you take a shower - steam takes wrinkles out.
- Simple eye glass cleaner.
Vinegar diluted in water makes fine eyeglass cleaner.
- Easy clean glass doors and mirrors.
Just rub with damp newspaper - they will shine.
- Prevent flowers from fading.
Use a few drops of chlorine bleach in water, add an aspirin for life.
- How to remove grease from rugs.
Pour ample amount of baking soda on it, brush in, let stand for a day and vacuum off.
- Excellent insomnia formula.
One tbs powdered milk, 2 tbs honey, 1 tbs brewers yeast, stir into cup of warm milk
and take before retiring.
- Famous diet formula plan.
Mix 1 tbs safflower oil to 2 tbs grapefruit juice, take before meals.
- The $25 beauty facial.
Spread milk of magnesia over face, let dry, cover again, let dry, remove with damp
cloth, then apply some warm olive oil, then apply some ice cold witch hazel.
- How to improve your IQ.
Hydrocotyle asiatica teas are a noted brain food.
- Open that stuck zip.
Spray the stuck zip with shaving foam.
- Remove ink stains from carpet.
Apply a paste of milk and cornstarch, let stand a few hours and brush off.
- Dry shampoo your pet.
Rub baking soda into fur and brush out. Will smell great.
- How to clean your ties.
Put tie in jar with some carbon tetrachloride, shake, take out and let dry.
- How to remove scorches.
Wet scorched area and cover with cornstarch, brush off when dry.
- What to do if you oversalt food.
Drop a potato or two into it. Absorbs the oversalt.
- Keep and use overripe bananas.
Mash and freeze for making cakes and biscuits.
- Easy boiled egg peeling.
Keep lid on for a few minutes after boiling, pressure causes shell to fall off.
- Eliminate popcorn duds -fast.
Freeze it first then it will all pop.
- Keep windshields frost free.
Apply solution 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water over windshield.
- . Make dry cell batteries last longer.
Seal in plastic bags, wrap in aluminium foil, keep in refrigerator.
- Remove wax from candle holders.
Freeze holders in refrigerator and it will just peel off.
- Rid scratches from plastic watches.
Use cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover, rub over face, scratch disappears.
- Remove ink from varnished furniture.
Rub with soft cloth filled with equal parts vinegar and linseed oil.
- Remove mildew smell from luggage.
Put a bar of soap in luggage before storing.
- How to clean rust from chrome.
Rub it with aluminium foil.
- Remove stains from coffee cups.
Rub with salt and vinegar.
- Make your own furniture polish.
Use two parts olive oil to one part vinegar. Have it warm while using.
- Make your own silver polish,
Tooth paste or baking soda makes an excellent silver polish.
- A really good copper cleaner.
Use a paste of salt and vinegar.
- To clean your diamond rings.
Use toothpaste with an old tooth brush, rub rinse and let dry.
- Clean tarnished gold and silver.
Rub with paste of water and baking soda, rinse and let dry.
- ow to make good jewellery cleaner.
Clean with a solution of one teaspoon ammonia and one cup of water.
- Good cleaning aid for dishwashers.
Add some vinegar to the dishwasher.
- Cure scratches on your furniture.
Use machine oil or some colour shoe polish.
- Lengthen life of wooden clothespins.
Boil then in salt solution.
- Make a neat string dispenser.
Nail a funnel to wall and pull string out of bottom of funnel.
- Tips on storing plastic curtains.
Sprinkle talcum powder between the layers as you go.
- Basting made real easy (NEAT!).
Just tape and sew around the pieces of tape.
- How to revive old clothing.
Shave those little fluffs off with a safety razor.
- Make an emergency clothes brush.
Wrap a piece of tape around the hand, sticky side out.
- A needle sharpening pin cushion.
Use a steel wool to fill your cushion, keeps needles sharp.
- Excellent knitting tips.
Keep ball of yarn in nylon stocking, will flow out free of tangles.
- When you need heavy duty thread.
Use dental floss.
- Prevent nylon from yellowing.
Add some baking soda to wash and rinse water.
- Get rid of knots on sweaters.
Just rub a piece of sandpaper over sweater.
- How to remove lint from wool.
Use a damp sponge and touch lightly.
- Caring for leather upholstery.
Brush with skim milk every three months.
- Repair scuffed patent leather.
Cover with same colour polish, let dry then cover with clear nail polish.
- Prevent patent leather cracking.
Before each wearing, rub briskly with your hand, then a soft cloth.
- Tips on buying shoes
Buy shoes in afternoon, feet tend to swell in the morning.
- Remove salt rings from shoes.
Brush with solution of vinegar and water.
- Get juice from dried up lemon.
Boil it for a few minutes.
- Quick onion rings.
Onions slice more easily, if you leave skins on while slicing.
- How to kill taste of olive oil.
Add a touch of salt.
- How to keep your berries fresh.
Don.t wash until ready to use and keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
- How to cut a soft pie.
Use a buttered knife to cut through a soft pie.
- How to cut a frosted cake.
Rinse knife in hot water first each time you cut a slice.
- How to make fluffy egg omelette.
Add a teaspoon of corn starch when mixing eggs.
- Keep dressing from going rancid.
Put a spoon of sugar in it.
- How to stop cabbage odours.
Throw a couple of walnut kernels in pot while cooking.
- When you need soft butter quick..
If your butter is frozen, grate it, it.s the same as soft butter.
- How to keep cauliflower white.
Pour a little milk in the water when boiling cauliflower.
- When is the omelette done.
When you press it lightly and it springs back.
- Keep milk from scorching.
Add a pinch of sugar while cooking and do not stir.
- Cheese cutting tips.
A dull knife is more successful than a sharp one.
- When you need an extra egg.
When you need an extra egg for a recipe add a little corn starch.
- Peel onions without tears.
Let water run over them while peeling.
- The proper way to ripen fruit.
Keep it out in open at room temperature.
- How to pick fresh eggs.
Old eggs are shin, fresh eggs are rough and have bumps.
- How to cut acidity in coffee.
Add a pinch of salt.
- Good refrigerator deodoriser.
Keep an open box of baking soda in it at all times.
- What to do about grease spills.
Pour ice water over it, it will lift off before it can soak in.
- Make a good egg separator.
Crack egg, put in small funnel, white will come through separated from yoke.
- Reduce wilting of root vegetables.
Cut off the tops as soon as you get them.
- Keep vegetables fresh longer.
Put paper towels in bottom of bin. It will absorb moisture which causes decay.
- How to keep meat fresh looking.
Cover the cut side with leaves of lettuce.
- How to perk up wilted lettuce.
Soak in cold water with a dash of lemon juice, cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Make frozen vegetables fresh.
Pour boiling water over them. Restores fresh taste.
- The best way to slice onions.
Freezing them first.
- Keep beets and cabbage red.
Add lemon juice or vinegar to the water.
- Keep potatoes from sprouting.
Store apples with them.
- Get rid of cooking odours.
Boil hand full of cloves in water for 30 minutes. All odours will disappear.
- Tips for cutting hot cake.
Use a thread, hold both ends tightly and lower through slowly.