Weird Facts 26
Dedicated to keeping you informed about all the interesting, strange and cool facts from around the world.
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
- 40% of Australian women have DD sized boobs, or larger. Source
- Blonde beards grow faster than darker beards.
- Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created especially for Ronald Reagan.
- Humans can theoretically survive on a diet entirely composed of nothing but potatoes and butter. Source
- In 1862 Ulysses Grant issued Gen. Order 11 order expelling the jews frm TN, MS, KY. Read More
- An Applebee’s in Detroit accidentally gave a 15-month old apple juice mixed with alcohol. The mom said “He was saying hi and bye to the walls. Source
- Both Hitler and Napoleon were missing one testicle.
- The most successful interrogator of WWII preferred friendliness to torture. He would take prisoners to the zoo and even arranged for one prisoner to enjoy a flight in a German fighter plane. Source
- Only around 3% of people who receive CPR go on to lead a normal life. Source
- Faking confidence can positively change your brain chemistry and your life. Source
- 0.5% of the world’s population owns 38.5% of its wealth. The bottom 66% of humanity account for just 3.3% of it. Source
- Residents of Churchill, Canada leave their cars unlocked to offer an escape for pedestrians who might encounter Polar Bears on Main Street. Source
- By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.
- There is a mushroom that grows in the wild that tastes nearly identical to chicken/fried chicken. Source
- Catgut comes from sheep not cats.
- For a period of thirty years a man weighed everything he ate and drank, as well as all of his waste, in order to study metabolism. Source
- The process of getting torn apblack-holeart by a black hole is called Spaghettification. Source
- The Guillotine was still the official method of execution in France until the death penalty was abolished… in 1981. Source
- Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them use to burn their houses down -- hence the statement "to get fired."
- Twice a year the sun perfectly lines up with the streets of New York, creating a phenomenon known as Manhattanhenge. Source
- Compact discs read from the inside to the outside edge, the reverse of how a record works.
- Scientists are working on a technology where the road can charge electric cars as they drive on it. Source
- Louisiana is the prison capital of the world – 1 out of every 86 adults is behind bars, which is the highest rate in the US and twice the national rate. Source
- The Netherlands are cutting 1,200 jobs and closing a total of 8 prisons due to a lack of prisoners. Source
Stay tuned for more Fun Facts coming soon!
Weird Facts has been updated daily since 1999.
We read all comments and respond to any requests.